This picture was taken along the seafront in Dover towards the ferry port and is believed to be the parade for the homecoming of Sir Douglas (Earl) Haig, Commander of the British Expeditionary Force, on 19th December 1918. See also 136DOV and 137DOV.
Image and text courtesy of James Brazier
Further information – The Grand Hotel was destroyed by enemy action on September 11, 1940. The Hotel was demolished in 1951 when the whole area was redeveloped after the War – the Gateway Flats are now situated where the Grand Hotel and surrounding buildings once stood.